A fellow blogger and sister in Christ, Dana, recently passed on a blogging award to me after receiving the award for her blog the1savedbygrace. She is such an encouragement to me. When I first stumbled upon her blog, what impressed me the most about Dana was how encouraging she was in her responses to those who reached out to her. I love being around encouraging people and Dana is absolutely an encourager.
Blogging awards like this are a fun way to recognize blogs that are touching your heart and get to know their authors a little bit more. Any and all participation is voluntary as the awards are passed from one blogger to the next.
Following the example of Dana and my sister bloggers who have passed on this award, here are 7 things about me:
1. I believe you can learn profound and extraordinary truths through the most simple and ordinary things. (Even like dying your hair. You can accept Christ once and feel the big change but unless you keep reapplying His Word the roots of your past will resurface… Guess how I know.)
2. I believe any task that I am continuously confronted with holds an eternal lesson that I have yet to fully comprehend (Currently, I have had five kids in the past eight years, I must have missed some lessons on the first four.)
3. I believe every relationship in my life is strategically placed to exercise the love of God that has been placed in my heart.
4. I believe children are a gift from the Lord (and since they do not come with a gift receipt we are meant to keep them and care for them as is labeled in God’s word),
5. I believe that only once we are pulled out of our comfort zone can we truly appreciate the Comforter.
6. I believe that the words Jesus speaks to our heart are not meant to be hid in our heart but shared (and so I blog them here and on my other blog Blurbs of Grace.)
7. I believe that there are many things in this life that matter, but only the Lord can teach us what matters most.
Passing on the Award
Part of the blessing of being nominated for this award was being able to find and learn more about the sisters in Christ I did not even know I had who have received the reward before me. Here are the names of the 7 other blogs written by sisters in Christ that I would like to pass on this award to because of the way they have recently built up my faith and comforted my heart:
Passing on the Blessing
This prayer was passed on to me by Dana and I would like to pass it on to each of the ladies whose blogs have blessed my life and for all of my brothers and sisters in Christ who have encouraged me in my walk with Christ.
“Praying God’s continued blessings in your lives; His peace, His power, His strength and protection and that all of your needs be met…spiritual, physical, relational and financial.”
May you fall in love with Jesus more and more every day. May you be keenly aware of His presence and may you enjoy each moment of learning what matter most.
Much Love to each of you,